Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
In spring I long
for the autumn’s stretched out afternoons
when leaves fall and fall
almost secretive to the earth.
In summer there are times
when I long for the days of winter rest
and in autumn I do remember the spring
which stretches her flowers out wide
and I really want to smell her fragrances
but I can only come to the conclusion
that life does constantly run into a season
and that a person has got to experience
all of the different seasons and times
with someone that you do love.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.