Time For Tea - A Haiku Sequence
“Like what you’re wearing...”
(fur coat with nothing else on) .
“May I take your coat? ”
WHAT DID I SAY?
”Want a cup of tea? ”
“Yes please! ” you say & kiss me.
Things come to the boil!
COME FOR TEA
Sip my Earl Grey tea
gasp as - you undress before me.
Smile: “Now...where were we? ”
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time For Tea - A Haiku Sequence by Dónall Dempsey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Let us go, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- ~Hell On Earth Is Art In Heaven~, E Nigma
- BABIES LOVE, Christina Sunrise
- ANGER STEMS FROM PAIN, Christina Sunrise
- ACTION IS WHERE IT STARTS, Christina Sunrise
- Night terrors, Ryan Brodesser
- River Ran Red, Kim Barney
- KRIG, Gunnar Mo.
- Sink the Dream Boat, Babbling Brookes
- AFFIRMATIONS, Christina Sunrise