Time For Tea - A Haiku Sequence
“Like what you’re wearing...”
(fur coat with nothing else on) .
“May I take your coat? ”
WHAT DID I SAY?
”Want a cup of tea? ”
“Yes please! ” you say & kiss me.
Things come to the boil!
COME FOR TEA
Sip my Earl Grey tea
gasp as - you undress before me.
Smile: “Now...where were we? ”
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time For Tea - A Haiku Sequence by Dónall Dempsey )
- Intermisión, Nathalie Handal
- The Single Christmas, Bob Fletcher
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)