Time For Everything
we all have the time for everything…
a time to play and a time to sleep
a time to move and a time to be stiff
a time to cry and a time to laugh
a time to be weak and a time to be tough.
a time to doubt and a time to trust
a time to agree and a time to contrast
a time to be slow and a time to be fast
a time to fade and a time to last.
having twenty four hours a day, we have…
a time to be good and a time to be bad
a time to be mad and a time to be glad
a time to be silent and a time to be loud
a time to be down and a time to be proud
a time to be smart and a time to be dumb
a time to be hurt and a time to be loved
a time to be honest and a time to lie
a time to live and of course a time to die.
Frieda Taller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time For Everything by Frieda Taller )
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)