Time Drips from A Dark Faucet
I know what you try to say
through clenched teeth and miffed tongue -
I've squeezed the juice from your words, tasted
the sour choices you made.
You swallow any chance of recovery from
the monster you play catch with.
An apple tossed back and forth,
the fruit of demons skimming your mouth
calling your lips a tragedy.
Devils referee your eyes,
as fire emanates the pupils
Awakening the evil lung, once put to sleep
on a pink bed with green yarn
to wrap around hell's neck -
There's a leak inside your heart
god hasn't fixed.
I hear the quiet sob in your laugh, as if
you are with angels. But we both know
the den you chose was occupied with beasts.
You'll catch the sun one day,
be it blackmail or trust, you will watch
the seeds of heaven grow,
and a multitude of open windows
will cauterize the shadows -
David R.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Drips from A Dark Faucet by David R. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister
- Our Mentor (Acrostic), Marvin Brato Sr
- Their Lights Has Gone Out, Wilfred Mellers
- Jagger & Richards, Richard Thripp
- Plates from Fifteen Years of Marriage, Bill Grace
- Nature's Opera, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Tough Guys, Manny Furious
- Wow, that's a effed up cloud...., Manny Furious