Waltz For Zizi
Time Changes The Heart
Time changes the heart
into a monster with gold claws,
and you don't even notice it, inside you
smiling like a child,
clipping the wings of those beautiful butterflies
until you start to belive
that it would be better if you shake of
the hand that's holding your hand.
The tears of the person that loves you
in exchange for a new begining, with someone else
seems like a good trade, you say
but you're such a fool, man,
for letting them smile, the monsters.
They're not helping you,
they only change the colours running in front of you
just like the glasses you wear
make the bright things less.
I'm not trying to teach you how to love,
I'm not king or god.
I just hate those that change their mind, and let go of your hand,
right when you love them most.
Now come at me, if you disagree
I'm standing here.
You wanna fight?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Changes The Heart by Waltz For Zizi )
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)