Of Muses And Other Ghosts
Time Changes The Heart
Time changes the heart
into a monster with gold claws,
and you don't even notice it, inside you
smiling like a child,
clipping the wings of those beautiful butterflies
until you start to belive
that it would be better if you shake of
the hand that's holding your hand.
The tears of the person that loves you
in exchange for a new begining, with someone else
seems like a good trade, you say
but you're such a fool, man,
for letting them smile, the monsters.
They're not helping you,
they only change the colours running in front of you
just like the glasses you wear
make the bright things less.
I'm not trying to teach you how to love,
I'm not king or god.
I just hate those that change their mind, and let go of your hand,
right when you love them most.
Now come at me, if you disagree
I'm standing here.
You wanna fight?
Of Muses And Other Ghosts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Changes The Heart by Of Muses And Other Ghosts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso