Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin
Through fields of virgin snow I roam...(translated from russian)
Through fields of virgin snow I roam,
Fresh lilies bursting in my heart.
The dusk to guide my footsteps home
Has lit a bright blue candle-star.
Is it light or dark? I cannot say.
Is that a cock sings, or the breeze?
Perhaps not winter came today
But white swans settled in the fields
How smooth the snow is and how white!
Blood tingles in the frosty air!
Close to my body how I'd like
To press the birch-tree's bosom bare.
What sadness does the forest hold!
The snowbound field what glad surprise!:
O how I'd love now to enfold
Within my arms the willow's thighs.
Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Through fields of virgin snow I roam...(translated from russian) by Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath