Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin
Through fields of virgin snow I roam...(translated from russian)
Through fields of virgin snow I roam,
Fresh lilies bursting in my heart.
The dusk to guide my footsteps home
Has lit a bright blue candle-star.
Is it light or dark? I cannot say.
Is that a cock sings, or the breeze?
Perhaps not winter came today
But white swans settled in the fields
How smooth the snow is and how white!
Blood tingles in the frosty air!
Close to my body how I'd like
To press the birch-tree's bosom bare.
What sadness does the forest hold!
The snowbound field what glad surprise!:
O how I'd love now to enfold
Within my arms the willow's thighs.
Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Through fields of virgin snow I roam...(translated from russian) by Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin )
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
- The snow is pretty., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The bells do ring., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)