Three monkeys reside in my heart
three monkeys are wise and intelligent
one has closed his eyes, not to see evil
one has closed his ears, not to listen evil
one has closed his mouth, not to speak evil.
My three monkeys convey message
of love, peace and fraternity; to roast my thought
when my all evils and egos will be devoured
by their wise and intelligent compliment
but my satanic mind always tries
to overwhelm my thoughts, to prove
to be more intelligent and wise
but certainly, I shall listen my heart
which has closed its eyes, ears and mouth.
ramesh rai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Three monkeys by ramesh rai )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan