Thoughts Of A Homeless Teen
You was out on the streets at such a young age
Because of what you went through, you felt so ashamed
You ask yourself: “was it something that I had done? ”
“Did I hurt anyone? “
Why I was physically and sexually abused at such a young age?
Is this an adult stage?
So many questions going through your mind
Keeping you thinking all the time.
Who can I turn to? Where can I go? Will it ever change? I don’t know!
My heart and mind are bursting to be free, and it is something I do foresee!
Living in the streets with predators all around – no safe place can be found.
Pimps and human traffickers are waiting on the streets
Offering them shelter and something to eat.
Taking advantage of the situation they’re in
And knowing fully that they will win.
Hunger and fear rule their minds, to the point that they become blind.
This is the advantage point that these predators need
And on their weaknesses they do feed.
You ran away from home because of the abuse and pain
To find out on the streets it’s still the same.
Thoughts and realizations are in your mind
And to be free will take time.
But with determination you move ahead
And your fears you can put to bed.
You must now help the others by showing them the way
Cause on the streets they cannot stay.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts Of A Homeless Teen by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.