Thou shalt reapest what thou hast sowed in me
Slighted and thus forsook within my hapless thraldom,
I sought everlasting bliss through his upmost rectitude.
In the worthy search of the pathos of his eternal halidom,
I languished and tarried forsooth in my woeful lassitude.
But now he has given me upon this new day a new heart,
and a new strong belief to trow in him I shall ever seek.
I am not laden with such an arduous and unbearable heft,
since with his everlasting guidance I shall not be weak.
The pain that encompassed my body is all but forgotten,
when I close my eyes and then open and I see the light.
And I can feel within my body his shimmering presence,
as his soothing words tell me I must continue to fight.
His immaculate aureole shines within an endless beauty,
for his divine words speak in me always the dearest truth.
Therefore he dwells within my spirit and within my soul,
for I exult mightily within the comfort of his ruth.
Hitherto as I see now my outer self within my inner self,
I can feel the shimmering light of his divine presence.
Thus I can feel his hand now as he cleanses my wounds,
with the graceful succour of his gentle touch of essence.
And when I was lost and led astray within the darkness,
I was too blind and thus I walked within my own umbrage.
Once before I was found there within the throes of death,
and I was blighted thereafter by such a wanton wastage.
Henceforth he stands before me and says, 'Be steadfast,
for child, thou shall reapest what thou hast sowed in me.'
Thenceforth in my forbearance is the path to my salvation,
and it is lies there ahead within the light for me to see.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thou shalt reapest what thou hast sowed in me by Franc Rodriguez )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock