Waltz For Zizi
Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine
'-When are you going to stop crying
for a dream that wasn't yours,
for those green painted eyes.
That girl loved life
more than she loved you.
-Never, I shout back.
-You fool, he replies. No one cares for love now.'
Because when my eyes will have forgotten your shape
from the sky, the tallest of the stars
will return you
back into my arms.
And though I'll be dead then, in a foreigin land,
my heart will keep on beating
in your palms,
and under the sun, no cloud will be brave enough to venture,
to shadow my face.
And because I'll be so far away from you,
I'll entrust my last words to the wind
to sail them to you.
'I love you' he will say.
His tongue will be my own,
his lips will lay flowers
and kisses, my kisses
on your denuded skin.
And when you'll finally die,
from old age, wrinkled,
do not hide your face from me
in the devil's arms,
for I will come and paint your bare feet
in the color of his blood.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Loving Others, Tom Zart
- Law Breakers, Tony Adah
- Our India is the best country of the who.., Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Silent Page, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Men, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)