Waltz For Zizi
Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine
'-When are you going to stop crying
for a dream that wasn't yours,
for those green painted eyes.
That girl loved life
more than she loved you.
-Never, I shout back.
-You fool, he replies. No one cares for love now.'
Because when my eyes will have forgotten your shape
from the sky, the tallest of the stars
will return you
back into my arms.
And though I'll be dead then, in a foreigin land,
my heart will keep on beating
in your palms,
and under the sun, no cloud will be brave enough to venture,
to shadow my face.
And because I'll be so far away from you,
I'll entrust my last words to the wind
to sail them to you.
'I love you' he will say.
His tongue will be my own,
his lips will lay flowers
and kisses, my kisses
on your denuded skin.
And when you'll finally die,
from old age, wrinkled,
do not hide your face from me
in the devil's arms,
for I will come and paint your bare feet
in the color of his blood.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine by Waltz For Zizi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Chaste Woman's Death, Nalini Chaturvedi