Waltz For Zizi
Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine
'-When are you going to stop crying
for a dream that wasn't yours,
for those green painted eyes.
That girl loved life
more than she loved you.
-Never, I shout back.
-You fool, he replies. No one cares for love now.'
Because when my eyes will have forgotten your shape
from the sky, the tallest of the stars
will return you
back into my arms.
And though I'll be dead then, in a foreigin land,
my heart will keep on beating
in your palms,
and under the sun, no cloud will be brave enough to venture,
to shadow my face.
And because I'll be so far away from you,
I'll entrust my last words to the wind
to sail them to you.
'I love you' he will say.
His tongue will be my own,
his lips will lay flowers
and kisses, my kisses
on your denuded skin.
And when you'll finally die,
from old age, wrinkled,
do not hide your face from me
in the devil's arms,
for I will come and paint your bare feet
in the color of his blood.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those Green Painted Eyes, A Dream That Wasn't Mine by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo