"...thm rmght thmng"
We were brushing our teeth in the little hotel bathroom
In the luxurious Presidential Suite
At the Anniversary Inn—
The first time that we brushed as a married couple—
Mister President and his First Lady
With a mouth full of toothpaste suds, I said,
"Wm dmd thm rmght thmng."
(We flossed as well)
We were stuck in that awful place between "tired"...
My heart was full
Later, I turned the bust of Abraham Lincoln around—
Away from the bed that creaks
We did the right thing
Jeff Gangwer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("...thm rmght thmng" by Jeff Gangwer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak