RIC S. BASTASA
THIS TIME THE HEART WINS
there is a choice
between order and disorder
when you enter a room
you just have to choose what door
the mind knows what is good
scaled to what is much better
but it simply cannot decide
about all these alone
the heart is silent but
when it is hurt
it screams the loudest
like an ambulance
speeding its way to the hospital.
who does not want order?
who is the kind of creature that shuns peace?
who in this world does not want to be happy?
it tried to say that it is a decision
but what choices have i made so far?
where am i? this is not the place
in my mind
the heart is laughing
most of the times it lost
but this time
it is winning.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THIS TIME THE HEART WINS by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd