Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
This is love
This is love: to fly toward a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First, to let go of live.
In the end, to take a step without feet;
to regard this world as invisible,
and to disregard what appears to be the self.
Heart, I said, what a gift it has been
to enter this circle of lovers,
to see beyond seeing itself,
to reach and feel within the breast.
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This is love by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi )
Did you read them?
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)