Alexander Hayden James Smith
This Is London
This is a London of litter and tears;
This is the London that everyone fears.
This is a London that chokes back its grief.
This is London; the heartbreaking thief.
This is a London that tries not to cry.
This is London; a stranger walks by.
This is a London that huddles in the street;
This is London with bags on its feet.
This is a London of tags and crews.
This is a London of fags and booze.
This is the London that lies just beneath;
This is London with sharp, gleaming teeth.
This is a London I know you all crave;
This is a London I'll take to the grave.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is London by Alexander Hayden James Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gone To Sleep, Kate Harrington
- Korea! Always In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Young Liars With Medallions, Naveed Akram
- Stolen Key, Ronald Chapman
- waanzin, co the skipper
- Let all the Religions be cooled in hot S.., nimal dunuhinga
- Great Black Spectre, Michael McParland
- Too Many Years, Ronald Chapman
- Stars Are Slaves, Naveed Akram
- Gray Matter, Michael McParland