THIS IS A SHIT
Who wanna wake up
when it's this cold?
My spirit is willing
but the flesh is resisting.
Am wondering who said
I must work to eat.
You have to go,
Listen to the cries of your children
under your legs, (really?)
Listen to your secret wife (who is she?)
Losing a job
is like dying poor
while you were born rich (I know that)
With a lot flesh-pain
I decide to go for the sake of my family (unknown)
Poor small Cunny
I mean small bodied Cunny,
I got sick, Yes
I knew it before I woke up.
Am at work place
Doing nothing but staring at the computer.
My clients are demanding,
My returns are counted per second,
My brain is tired,
My belly is empty.
Am going going back home
The playlist is cool
I don't care.
I hate this mkebe in form of a phone
It tells where I am.
Ooh it's the boss calling,
Mmmmh...He has some courtesy.
'Yes am here...'
'We are off air what can you do for us to remain on air...'
Am confused...in mind...'I will sort it out...'
I hate the feeling
going back to work place
in the mid night (you get the feeling?)
My best half won't like this at all (that's when I get her)
Hey, I stared too much to the computer
that it hanged itself. (didn't die)
A suicide without somebody to blame
Anyway it's just a machine.
My China made phone
The big man again...
'is it okay now? '
'But we will have to discuss something tomorrow...'
A bad day ended in a bad way....
This is just a shit.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THIS IS A SHIT by Cunningham Mbati )
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)