THIS IS A SHIT
Who wanna wake up
when it's this cold?
My spirit is willing
but the flesh is resisting.
Am wondering who said
I must work to eat.
You have to go,
Listen to the cries of your children
under your legs, (really?)
Listen to your secret wife (who is she?)
Losing a job
is like dying poor
while you were born rich (I know that)
With a lot flesh-pain
I decide to go for the sake of my family (unknown)
Poor small Cunny
I mean small bodied Cunny,
I got sick, Yes
I knew it before I woke up.
Am at work place
Doing nothing but staring at the computer.
My clients are demanding,
My returns are counted per second,
My brain is tired,
My belly is empty.
Am going going back home
The playlist is cool
I don't care.
I hate this mkebe in form of a phone
It tells where I am.
Ooh it's the boss calling,
Mmmmh...He has some courtesy.
'Yes am here...'
'We are off air what can you do for us to remain on air...'
Am confused...in mind...'I will sort it out...'
I hate the feeling
going back to work place
in the mid night (you get the feeling?)
My best half won't like this at all (that's when I get her)
Hey, I stared too much to the computer
that it hanged itself. (didn't die)
A suicide without somebody to blame
Anyway it's just a machine.
My China made phone
The big man again...
'is it okay now? '
'But we will have to discuss something tomorrow...'
A bad day ended in a bad way....
This is just a shit.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THIS IS A SHIT by Cunningham Mbati )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..