Andrew David Dalby
This Entreaty is mine
Through faults line dominion
Like a mad fool king,
With deep aching rage I stand;
Fighting for the right to be loved.
Is it so unfair a thing that I ask?
Is love... love... pure selfless love,
Nothing more than an aching
need within me?
Or am I like the delicate angel,
Who sings of the sweet and gentle
Yet is nothing other than an echo,
From a dry and dusty hymnal,
Thrown to the floor,
On a mid september morn...
No I say!
And No again!
For I am more than that...
I am created,
Born out of desire,
Thrust into life,
I scream my own precious melody
for all the world to hear...
In doing so,
Feel deep satisfaction,
in her tender loving kiss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Entreaty is mine by Andrew David Dalby )
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
- My dinner عشائي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ang hastayw, Shri R Brahma
- Jwmwiya mwsayw, Shri R Brahma
- Dinwini gwswkhangthiyao, Shri R Brahma
- Thunlai swrjini, Shri R Brahma
- To poetess Neela Nath with pleasure and .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Baonai nonga bodofa, Shri R Brahma
- loudness in my eyes, Ivana Valasikova
- daddy issues, Ivana Valasikova
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)