Tough are the edges of this container,
I contain them, I persuade them
To multiply inside and sting noone,
Just to be polite and not harm someone.
Just be so polite to my corner
In the haze of speech, the speaker is!
May I add the ingenious remark to relate
So that my progeny shall never deplete.
Tougher swerves of the pen make for more noise
Than this container of quite too much joy.
Joy is in the pen of concreteness,
The stated art so piled up from centuries of work.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Container by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak