Tough are the edges of this container,
I contain them, I persuade them
To multiply inside and sting noone,
Just to be polite and not harm someone.
Just be so polite to my corner
In the haze of speech, the speaker is!
May I add the ingenious remark to relate
So that my progeny shall never deplete.
Tougher swerves of the pen make for more noise
Than this container of quite too much joy.
Joy is in the pen of concreteness,
The stated art so piled up from centuries of work.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Container by Naveed Akram )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov