This Christmas Night
They don't see it in any different way
it's for the like of them another day
another day to sun in the chill
another day without a square meal.
Then when comes the unfriendly night
the cold bares fangs hounds for a bite
a roofed mirage underneath warmth born
to live it out till comes another morn.
If you break your run in reflective pause
and feel inside a stir to act a Santa Claus
weigh yourself high in the scale of spirit
enlarge your hands so they hold enough gift.
Enough may not seem for the kind of your ilk
but enough for them a crumb a saucer of milk
look into their eyes the night is no more cool
you have warmed it made their hearts thankful.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Christmas Night by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Your sacred hummock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- SHOW UP 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Name Him, Susan Lacovara