Sometimes my poems make me wonder!
Perhaps just an interesting tumbling of words,
like all my doubts being poured into a big bucket,
stirring them all with a big stick,
then peering over the edge,
watching them swirling around,
then suddenly falling in
and swirling around with them, too,
feeling dizzy, wondering what,
if anything is really going on...
How can I compete with all the others?
How will my work prove the test of time?
Is it merely an unpaid pastime, no more?
Or is it priceless to one and all who share?
That's where I bear my share...
That's where they bear their share...
So am I writing just for myself?
Or am I writing for others, too?
I used to have big dreams... huge!
But after a few hundred anthologies
with my poems here and there...
and after creating some websites, too,
I'm now just enjoying the writing,
the editing, the sharing, the caring...
Now, when I go to sleep at night,
I hope to wake up with more poems,
not big dreams, just more poems...
because I can't help, I'm greedy!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Think Big! by Denis Martindale )
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)