Sometimes my poems make me wonder!
Perhaps just an interesting tumbling of words,
like all my doubts being poured into a big bucket,
stirring them all with a big stick,
then peering over the edge,
watching them swirling around,
then suddenly falling in
and swirling around with them, too,
feeling dizzy, wondering what,
if anything is really going on...
How can I compete with all the others?
How will my work prove the test of time?
Is it merely an unpaid pastime, no more?
Or is it priceless to one and all who share?
That's where I bear my share...
That's where they bear their share...
So am I writing just for myself?
Or am I writing for others, too?
I used to have big dreams... huge!
But after a few hundred anthologies
with my poems here and there...
and after creating some websites, too,
I'm now just enjoying the writing,
the editing, the sharing, the caring...
Now, when I go to sleep at night,
I hope to wake up with more poems,
not big dreams, just more poems...
because I can't help, I'm greedy!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Think Big! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah