Sometimes my poems make me wonder!
Perhaps just an interesting tumbling of words,
like all my doubts being poured into a big bucket,
stirring them all with a big stick,
then peering over the edge,
watching them swirling around,
then suddenly falling in
and swirling around with them, too,
feeling dizzy, wondering what,
if anything is really going on...
How can I compete with all the others?
How will my work prove the test of time?
Is it merely an unpaid pastime, no more?
Or is it priceless to one and all who share?
That's where I bear my share...
That's where they bear their share...
So am I writing just for myself?
Or am I writing for others, too?
I used to have big dreams... huge!
But after a few hundred anthologies
with my poems here and there...
and after creating some websites, too,
I'm now just enjoying the writing,
the editing, the sharing, the caring...
Now, when I go to sleep at night,
I hope to wake up with more poems,
not big dreams, just more poems...
because I can't help, I'm greedy!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Think Big! by Denis Martindale )
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)