Ace Of Black Hearts
They Took Her Away In Hand Cuffs
The ghost walks upon empty and silent streets.
Permanently embedded in a picture.
Oh so lonely.
Oh so lonely.
A murder out of love.
A mystery in time.
Waiting to be solved.
Minds at ease.
Minds at peace.
Understanding the why.
Desperate tempting contemplations.
With a gun in your hand.
Pulling the trigger under emotional duress.
Hiding the evidence.
Guilt rises up inside.
Living the hollow life.
Nothing more than a mere shell.
The soul long lost.
Sometimes it just isn't worth the cost.
Mercy me, how could you.
What were your thinking.
As my heart is breaking.
Out of the movie screens.
Straight in my living room.
I can still hear the sirens blaring.
Even my tears can't save you.
A bed roses wilt away.
Acid to the skin.
Only in hallucinogenic dream could this be true.
Yet it is.
Arguments of gut wrenching contradictions.
Mind boggling internal conflicts.
But I love her.
You can't take her away.
Oh no, oh no.
Say it isn't so.
Just say it isn't so.
I will believe anything you tell me.
And just like that she is gone.
And I'm left with so many more questions then answers.
My partner stop dancing mid stride.
Now my feet don't want to move.
No matter the music or motivation.
Such a horrible revelation.
Sleeping inside a blood soaked painting, knowing their is no escape for me.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Took Her Away In Hand Cuffs by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Horses, Edwin Muir
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- My life savings, Walani Ndhlovu
- For The Record, Leria Hawkins
- Heat in the Rain, CHIYTWO OLA
- WOMEN ARE MYSTERIES, Philo Yan
- A mother's milk, gajanan mishra
- They could feel, Nassy Fesharaki
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra