They Take His Name In Vain
all is silent
except for this house
this ungodly house!
Spirits are broken
names are taken in vain
please get out now
run for will catch you
and it will never let you go
It swears under it's breath
it will never let you leave
Oh dear God!
Did you know?
You say you love me,
love me with a eternal,
never failing love
but I don't feel you.
It's coming again,
I can hear it's screams
I beg you now
I must keep my voice down,
my prayers whispers,
my footsteps silent.
Oh dear God!
Don't forsake me,
I am quiet,
but I am still here,
and I still love you
I dearly love you
but I can't love a monster,
My dearest God!
I'm so sorry
I am not the child you wished for
are you so tired of saving me
or have you finally left my side?
I will burn
I will burn in this house
In the end of everything
I will burn down with this house
and nobody will be there to save me.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (They Take His Name In Vain by B.B. Loring )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong