Obed dela Cruz
They Show In Those Seasons
When rage attacks
And terror strikes,
All have one desire
That someone will answer the cry.
When war is over used
And child’s strength abused,
All is shaken
Because none will enlighten.
But they show in those seasons
That’s why they are called “heroes”
Because their job is
To fill the earth of peace.
When the oppressed
And the harassed
Have none to run to
There’s a hero that will save you.
If the leaders are made,
Heroes are trained.
Their training is long
Because they need to be strong.
A leader may do a mistake
But a hero is there to save.
But these heroes
Only show in those seasons.
When the bad guys
Filled one’s mind
Of darkness and treachery,
A hero will show and erase insanity.
But a hero
Is not always a hero
Because they appear
Only when no one is available to hear.
But you can be a hero
Even if you are still zero.
Just live your day
To make justice, mercy, and truth stay.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(September 5,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at email@example.com but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Show In Those Seasons by Obed dela Cruz )
- Beautiful Soup, Lewis Carroll
- ♦운전면허증위조✙u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ직거래택배✙위 조민.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Afternoon in School The Last Lesson, David Herbert Lawrence
- The Nature of Sorrow, Karan Patade
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민증위조✲민증위조✲신.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- 직거래/택배u i - r i＠hotｍａｉㅣ.ｃｏｍ➵주민등록증위조✲위 조면.., ueffdhuib dshvikbxc
- Ms. butterfly, Kenneth Maswabi
- From 'A Severe Lack of Holiday Spirit', Amy Gerstler
- Keep It Simple, hugh everard
- Mental Fixity, Abhinav Baruah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Blind But Seeing Eye, Eleanor Best
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning