Obed dela Cruz
They Show In Those Seasons
When rage attacks
And terror strikes,
All have one desire
That someone will answer the cry.
When war is over used
And child’s strength abused,
All is shaken
Because none will enlighten.
But they show in those seasons
That’s why they are called “heroes”
Because their job is
To fill the earth of peace.
When the oppressed
And the harassed
Have none to run to
There’s a hero that will save you.
If the leaders are made,
Heroes are trained.
Their training is long
Because they need to be strong.
A leader may do a mistake
But a hero is there to save.
But these heroes
Only show in those seasons.
When the bad guys
Filled one’s mind
Of darkness and treachery,
A hero will show and erase insanity.
But a hero
Is not always a hero
Because they appear
Only when no one is available to hear.
But you can be a hero
Even if you are still zero.
Just live your day
To make justice, mercy, and truth stay.
Copyright © 2009 by Obed Dela Cruz
(September 5,2009; Marikina City)
(To use this poem in a legal way, please email the author at email@example.com but you cannot own the poem because you will be violating such in computer ethics, information systems, intellectual property, copyright, and other rights)
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Show In Those Seasons by Obed dela Cruz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain