They know a place to witness our love
Listen to the raindrops crescendos
To the leafs falling from the trees
Listen to the stirring wind in the willows
How it rises how it falls how my spirit buoys.
Listen to the grass growing underfoot
To the lotus flower smiling a watery cry
Listen to the smoke in the chimney the soot
The anthills thrum and decry - your love.
Listen to the seashell on the shore
Listen to your heart and say it has no root.
Listen to the bees in the hive outpour
They know where a heaven isn’t refuted.
They know a place without a worry
They know a place without a trouble
They know a place to find only glory
They know a place to witness our love.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They know a place to witness our love by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp