They Got It Right
It doesn’t matter anyway
if it shines or if it rains
tomorrow's another day
we’ll just have to face
the snow and sleet and rain.
It’s not that we’re brave
there is just no other way
as the times play tag,
they’ll always end the game,
things’ll die just the same.
We live for the gray,
dreaming of the day,
that ghosts whisper from the grave,
”It never came.”
But that's okay, that's okay,
you don't always have to be happy
you don't have to run away
you don't have to be captive
just to get free.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Got It Right by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston
- looking at the universe in our very call.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Forging On..., David Lessard
- two lonely matches in separate back pock.., Mandolyn ...
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak