Frank V. Gardner
They Fly Away in Disarray
For anything we ever did
That ever beat the band,
'Twas chasing off those pigeons
From the 'residence' so grand.
The house of our ambassador,
So stately standing there,
Has no more pesky pigeons!
They have taken to the air.
A humble place it never was,
Today it's also clean
Because the roosting pigeons now
Are hardly ever seen.
We've put a system into place,
Designed a special way,
That's been completely tested
And built it is to stay.
The ledges and the cornices
Are clean as they can be,
While pigeons fly in disarray
To other canopy.
No longer do they roost and 'drop, '
Or inconvenience us.
They fly away to places where
The 'other people' cuss.
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Fly Away in Disarray by Frank V. Gardner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza