There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table
There will always be a place for you at my table.
You’ll never have to eat scraps off the floor.
There will always be a bed for you in my gable.
You’ll never have to sleep on the hard floor.
There will always be enough hot water to run your bath.
You’ll never have to be dirty that others will laugh.
There will always be a place for you right next to me,
You’ll never have to worry, my darling puppy.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table by Elena Plotkin )
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
- O men, worship Kali, gajanan mishra
- Pantoum: Landing, 1976, Evie Shockley
- To Voice Anew so Listen, michael walkerjohn
- On New Year's Eve, Evie Shockley
- Lifeline, Evie Shockley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)