There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table
There will always be a place for you at my table.
You’ll never have to eat scraps off the floor.
There will always be a bed for you in my gable.
You’ll never have to sleep on the hard floor.
There will always be enough hot water to run your bath.
You’ll never have to be dirty that others will laugh.
There will always be a place for you right next to me,
You’ll never have to worry, my darling puppy.
(c) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Will Always Be A Place For You At My Table by Elena Plotkin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Francesca, Ezra Pound
- complaining about the war wont help, Keegan Shelton
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- A Little Light, Carolyn Brunelle
Poem of the Day
- Beware..., Dr John Celes
- Him Or Her, Edward Kofi Louis
- Opened!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Revealed In Us, Edward Kofi Louis
- Puffed Up II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shallum, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hey There (Don't You Stare) / The New A.., Joseph Archer
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis