There’s no innocent Jose
He that can look no beyond nose
Need worry not of morrow’s worldly woes,
Yet, there scarce are blokes blind as those
Who’d not know what around them goes.
There are those, vision sharp as nose,
And mind as alert, on cats’ careful toes,
Those that’d smell everything—rotten to rose,
To them, to them this world everything owes.
The measure of man’s to know friends from foes,
Genuine sufferings from the surface woes,
And to know well which way the world-wind blows,
To survival of his, this much he owes.
Many a man manoeuvre, naïve while pose,
I doubt there still is such innocent Jose.
- Tongue-in-cheek | 04.05.04 |
Aniruddha Pathak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There’s no innocent Jose by Aniruddha Pathak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard
- नोँ सोर गोसो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Judge Is Not A Judge, The Court Is N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo