There beyond the brine
There upon the twirling waves, a sudden swashing sound could be heard.
As the water billows then it becomes, the rising surf through the day.
From the far away distance, a lone seagull thenceforth appeared.
And the swell that quickly reached the shale, then ceases to sway.
Amid the hovering clouds, the sight of the morning sun could be seen.
And the bustling sea is once again calmed and pacified.
The twirling waves are now mere ripples of splendour and sheen.
There nearby the wharf, where our love was always solidified.
And I find myself there among the comfort of the shells we once found.
Although my heart at times I come to find is in much distress.
When I think of her being gone out of regret, I thump the ground.
It would be sheer delight to me, if I could send to her and S.O.S.
It would be to tell her in the end, that I am fine.
I shall cherish in my heart always our time together.
And I shall find her indeed there beyond the brine.
For it is there we shall come as lovers, to dwell forever.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There beyond the brine by Franc Rodriguez )
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)