There beyond the brine
There upon the twirling waves, a sudden swashing sound could be heard.
As the water billows then it becomes, the rising surf through the day.
From the far away distance, a lone seagull thenceforth appeared.
And the swell that quickly reached the shale, then ceases to sway.
Amid the hovering clouds, the sight of the morning sun could be seen.
And the bustling sea is once again calmed and pacified.
The twirling waves are now mere ripples of splendour and sheen.
There nearby the wharf, where our love was always solidified.
And I find myself there among the comfort of the shells we once found.
Although my heart at times I come to find is in much distress.
When I think of her being gone out of regret, I thump the ground.
It would be sheer delight to me, if I could send to her and S.O.S.
It would be to tell her in the end, that I am fine.
I shall cherish in my heart always our time together.
And I shall find her indeed there beyond the brine.
For it is there we shall come as lovers, to dwell forever.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There beyond the brine by Franc Rodriguez )
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)