There are three kinds of people
At noon in a summer season,
Used to be out with a reason,
Troops of boy, all elder to me,
In an orchard, with them, I used to be,
Caring their mangos with many kinds,
So many boys so many minds.
Long gone the year, I lost my childhood.
Yet, I remember, with pretty good,
Reference from that event, I concluded,
There are three kinds of people, included,
One who climbed up the tree, and
Second stoned to the mango, and
The third sat under the tree with a hope.
Thing that lured at that time, a joyful cup
I always stood with them, who climbed up..
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (There are three kinds of people by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When is tomorrow, Victor Cruickshank
- This Special Gift, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sonnet.3. Our Home, Valsa George
- Dreaming Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfection is unattainable, Victor Cruickshank
- Sorry I came but I must come, Victor Cruickshank
- Accepting You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Survivors, Victor Cruickshank
- Accumulation Of Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When, Victor Cruickshank