I to my thoughts,
And as I gave in to them,
And I fell down further.
Through an unfathomable,
Dark grey tunnel of thinking.
With my out of sync heart,
Terrorized and sinking.
I swallowed hard,
As I clenched my teeth.
For this unbearable situation,
I did seethe.
But the dawn of day,
Came without my knowing.
It told me my anxiety
Was automatically going.
And I found out,
That though anxiety,
Comes around and about,
The reality doesn't.
Because it is theoretical anxiety.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Theoretical Anxiety by Vera Sidhwa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- Respect, David Harris
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
- Sonnet: Respect, Dr John Celes
- Respectability, Robert Browning
- Where Is The Respect, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- Heal Us, Sandra Feldman
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin