Then - Now!
I saw rainbows
across the tear washed sky,
their iridescent gleam
slanting down on the waters below,
Buds burgeoning on every branch,
Flowers opening their delicate folds,
and summer bees spiraling around
gathering nectar for frosty days.
Saw radiant smiles gleaming past
Angelic babes’ innocent face,
Men toiling from dawn to dusk
going about their lives’ odyssey,
Speeding vehicles moving down
as ants, in an unbroken chain,
Nature, posing from time to time
in silken green, amber gold
and in dazzling white
Everything fleeted past
As through the window
of a speeding train.
Neither did they linger long
nor were they daubed bright
in paints variegated
on my mind's impressionable canvas
to call them back to mind at will.
I lived my life in acute haste.
Colours, shades and myriad scenes
passed me by as common sight
But now with a heavy mist blocking out my sight
and an inexorable dark
covering me like a shroud,
plunging me, all of a sudden, into a perpetual night
where sun beams never again shall fall
I realize with a jolt, how much I have missed
and how much more I will miss!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Then - Now! by Valsa George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman