That star light, that star bright, I wish that star was me at night.
The story goes they had followed, then maybe I won’t feel so hollowed.
I would be loved with a simple gaze, then maybe my life wouldn’t be in such a haze.
I would be greeted with a smile, then maybe I wouldn’t be in denial.
As they lay back in a calming rest, then maybe I wouldn’t be so depressed.
In the sky with all those stars I would be at home, then maybe I wouldn’t feel so a lone.
just mme's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (then maybe by just mme )
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)