That star light, that star bright, I wish that star was me at night.
The story goes they had followed, then maybe I won’t feel so hollowed.
I would be loved with a simple gaze, then maybe my life wouldn’t be in such a haze.
I would be greeted with a smile, then maybe I wouldn’t be in denial.
As they lay back in a calming rest, then maybe I wouldn’t be so depressed.
In the sky with all those stars I would be at home, then maybe I wouldn’t feel so a lone.
just mme's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (then maybe by just mme )
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)