That star light, that star bright, I wish that star was me at night.
The story goes they had followed, then maybe I won’t feel so hollowed.
I would be loved with a simple gaze, then maybe my life wouldn’t be in such a haze.
I would be greeted with a smile, then maybe I wouldn’t be in denial.
As they lay back in a calming rest, then maybe I wouldn’t be so depressed.
In the sky with all those stars I would be at home, then maybe I wouldn’t feel so a lone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (then maybe by just mme )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
Poem of the Day
- Life Is A Hopscotch Game, Arno Le Roux
- A Fish in a Coloured World, Rohit Sapra
- Nature is a Beautiful Creation, Rohit Sapra
- Survivors, Tamara Mirianashvili
- Salve, Cee Bea
- Quatrain number 5, Leong Ming Loong
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra