Little Marius was killed today, an eighteen months old giraffe,
the world cried and a facebook account was opened in
memory of little Marius that was fed to the lions. which in
a way was quite fitting as animals in the wild don´t do funerals.
Carnivores in zoos eat meat every day of animals slaughtered
elsewhere, it was therefore good for the children, at the zoo,
to see the reality of animal life it is not all fluffy teddy bears.
But shouldn´t all animals, be free? Little Marius had to die of
fear of inbreeding, which in the wild would not have happened.
We all eat each other we humans are on top of the food chain,
or so we think, except when we get lost in the tall Savannah
grass and become a lion´s quarry.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The zoo by oskar hansen )
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
- My sky is not clear and blue, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)