THE WORLD IS NOT WORTH TRUSTING
We’re born into this realm of sorrows just like that;
sorrows, sadness and pains exactly after birth.
Nature cheats on us, we not on Nature.
We envision, we seek, we tend to have,
but have not;
we strive, we labour hard just in vain,
but Nature has multipli’d our sorrows.
Some born great gladd’n,
for Nature has made ‘em so;
oth’rs, suff’ring they all reap,
not that they’re lazy but Nature make’ so.
Some rich suppress;
some broth’rs help not broth’rs
and the world becomes and comes in vain.
Eche Ononukwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE WORLD IS NOT WORTH TRUSTING by Eche Ononukwe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma
- On this rainy day, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I need you, Kelly Curiel
- On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spill.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Around us the whispering rain falls, Gert Strydom
- i m so sad, lovey ahuja
- In the garden , Gert Strydom
- In the garden, Gert Strydom