The Word, A Lover's Exhortation
Well! What do you say, honey?
I believe that I say it right.
It is God alone Who knows
The one dimensionality - the real tragedy -
The empty when we call upon the soul.
Only He can quell the hunger, quench the thirst.
But, sweetheart, hey! I tell you now.
Forget it! Fly straight!
Think of the Frick with its fabulous El Greco,
Small though that one painting is, it amply captures the fury,
When Jesus castigates the money changers.
The Word is clear.
No man may serve two masters.
God loves the prisoner, the downcast, the lame.
He loves the lilies of the field.
Grass need not care how it clothes itself.
Though great it may be to be King, what profit in it,
When the first shall be last and those with least,
Most, and beggars shall inherit the earth,
And children be fountains of wisdom?
We have seen the sorry example, what terrible precept!
Celebrated priests and magistrates have not known the Lord,
Yet once He had stood right there before them.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Word, A Lover's Exhortation by STANLEY PACION )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee
- Your Love Shines Like A Diamond, Lilly Emery
- Only One, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah