The White Ship (29)
(29) The White Ship
The White Ship is a ghostly city
Crewed by those who have no pity
Here the righteous Stupid rule
Who serve in haste while being cruel
The Gorgon bent above my bed
Her features locked like one who’s dead
She then let out a deafening scream
That echoed ‘cross both length and beam,
“You’ve made my life a misery
With your lies and cunning thievery!
You have made me old before my time!
You must be punished for your crimes!
“You’re not sick, you’re simply lazy!
You fool these fools, but I’m not crazy!
At any time you can rise and walk;
Answer me, you can talk! ”
Hr spitting teeth, her glaring eyes,
How can I answer paralyzed?
Her twisted face, her demon hate!
Why must this be my final fate?
Subject to her tempest breath
Captured, pinioned, fearing death,
Helpless, stuck upon my back,
I fear my Will is waning slack.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The White Ship (29) by David McLansky )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey