i wake up early dawn
to witness the changes in sky
from darkness to morn
for a new bride tonight..
the pain is still here
with sadness and anger
today may be the end
tomorrow is never a fine..
this man who'll be my groom
is as good as Homer
a monster from the north
captured me as his lover..
i never love this man before
but he never let me go
he give me no freedom
only to find..i love him too....
for all those days of confusions
my hours filled with loneliness
all i see is his perfect love
a true love which is always the best...
perhaps it's just a fair
to think that i am a bride to be
morning comes with no illusion
a celebration for wedding anniversary..
and as the ceremony starts
my eyes filled with tears
he is lying in white satin
while everybody stands with me...
today...as we celebrate our anniversary
no other words i can say
i love you so much
'happy silver wedding anniversary'
lady grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The wedding by lady grace )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)