The way your eyes light up,
when I whisper words of love,
kiss your lips, touch your brow;
you alone were made for me,
for the here and now.
The way your smile invites me,
the way you hold me close,
embracing me with bliss;
your look says everything,
one I'd sorely miss.
The way you snuggle in my arms,
holding hands together,
you're the reason for my being,
the gift that came from God,
is the gift that I am seeing.
The way you drown my sorrow,
and keep away the grime,
keep away the harms;
by your just being you,
by your sweet and tender charms.
The way we stay in harmony,
by the beating of our hearts,
by unconditional grace;
and leave no memory of dissent,
the way of love is in your face.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Way... by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave
- We Are Scottish, Randy McClave