Sit a while and have a cup of tea,
From whence have you come? What did you see?
Tell me something that will interest me.
Are you hungry? Have you had any dinner?
I'd hate to have you leave my table thinner.
Are you thirsty? Would you like something stronger than tea?
There's nothing like talking over a good Brandy.
Oh are you tired already? Have we really been talking for so long?
No, no you can't leave this late it would just be wrong.
No need to worry I know just the thing to do,
I'll make up a nice comfortable bed just for you.
And in the morning when you've rested your tired head,
We'll have a breakfast with tea and sweet bread.
Oh, you're up already. How did you sleep?
Like a baby ha ha surely not the kind that weep.
How about some coffee? Do you like yours strong?
Some milk and sugar sure I'll bring along.
You need to take a shower before you can go.
Of course I understand use any towel in that row.
You need some slippers and a robe.
Of course I understand you must disrobe.
Your clothes need to be washed and pressed.
Of course I understand we can't have you undressed.
You'd like bacon, pancakes, and scrambled egg.
Of course I understand you never eat sweet bread.
You'd like a tour of the house before you leave.
Of course I understand it's hard to just leave.
Let's start the tour with the front door.
Do me a favor don't come back here no more!
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Visitor by Elena Plotkin )
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)