The Vision of Death
Many paint a
picture of Death.
They say that it
carries a scythe
and is a skeleton.
They say it comes
when murder or
fear are lurking.
Still, others say
that Death is
the way to
escape the tedious
work of life.
I say, personally,
that Death is an
what would be life?
and tests of character.
for it lets us live.
That is my opinion.
That is my view
on the importance
Jenna Dandurand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Vision of Death by Jenna Dandurand )
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
- there it is, Bill Cantrell
- Broken Mirrors Haiku, David Lacey
- In the Deserts of Exile, Jabra Ibrahim Jabra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Andrew Barton Paterson
(17 February 1864 – 5 February 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)