Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
The Victor's Lyrics
The sword in dance of jubilation;
I leave floating in the air of celebration,
For out in the field of battle I go in requisition.
And now in dance of victory, the chant of my invocation.
Thither and hither goes the battle song-
Leaving no breathe in the lung.
For the fear comes the tong;
But now is the victorious sounding gong.
In the line of readiness we took our position;
On the bed of fright our heads held up to the location,
With the enmity of the swords and shields variation,
We advanced to the slaughter without restriction.
Decimating from all angles the strike.
No mercy! Shouts the pike.
All enemies be brought to subjection in the spike;
Both old and young alike.
The bullet against the blood with no mitigation,
The sword unto the flesh with no limitation.
Blah! Blah! ! Blah! ! ! That clash of commotion.
Drawing in the field a great retardation.
Our lines we never retreated.
Advancing unto the enemies unrestricted,
And from the blues then came the courage unlimited;
With the path of our brevity fully illuminated.
Staggering under the toxin of exhaustion
We all swayed back in victory of the contestation.
But suddenly; our feet jumped to the echoes of appreciation
Singing those songs of our victorious comprehension.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Victor's Lyrics by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...