Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
The Victor's Lyrics
The sword in dance of jubilation;
I leave floating in the air of celebration,
For out in the field of battle I go in requisition.
And now in dance of victory, the chant of my invocation.
Thither and hither goes the battle song-
Leaving no breathe in the lung.
For the fear comes the tong;
But now is the victorious sounding gong.
In the line of readiness we took our position;
On the bed of fright our heads held up to the location,
With the enmity of the swords and shields variation,
We advanced to the slaughter without restriction.
Decimating from all angles the strike.
No mercy! Shouts the pike.
All enemies be brought to subjection in the spike;
Both old and young alike.
The bullet against the blood with no mitigation,
The sword unto the flesh with no limitation.
Blah! Blah! ! Blah! ! ! That clash of commotion.
Drawing in the field a great retardation.
Our lines we never retreated.
Advancing unto the enemies unrestricted,
And from the blues then came the courage unlimited;
With the path of our brevity fully illuminated.
Staggering under the toxin of exhaustion
We all swayed back in victory of the contestation.
But suddenly; our feet jumped to the echoes of appreciation
Singing those songs of our victorious comprehension.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Victor's Lyrics by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)