Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
The Victor's Lyrics
The sword in dance of jubilation;
I leave floating in the air of celebration,
For out in the field of battle I go in requisition.
And now in dance of victory, the chant of my invocation.
Thither and hither goes the battle song-
Leaving no breathe in the lung.
For the fear comes the tong;
But now is the victorious sounding gong.
In the line of readiness we took our position;
On the bed of fright our heads held up to the location,
With the enmity of the swords and shields variation,
We advanced to the slaughter without restriction.
Decimating from all angles the strike.
No mercy! Shouts the pike.
All enemies be brought to subjection in the spike;
Both old and young alike.
The bullet against the blood with no mitigation,
The sword unto the flesh with no limitation.
Blah! Blah! ! Blah! ! ! That clash of commotion.
Drawing in the field a great retardation.
Our lines we never retreated.
Advancing unto the enemies unrestricted,
And from the blues then came the courage unlimited;
With the path of our brevity fully illuminated.
Staggering under the toxin of exhaustion
We all swayed back in victory of the contestation.
But suddenly; our feet jumped to the echoes of appreciation
Singing those songs of our victorious comprehension.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Victor's Lyrics by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher