The Veil Of The Night
The night has veiled him from her sight,
her eyes desperately want to pierce thru but in vain
and he remains but a shadow
that has become the empty space in her soul.
Will he ever return to her,
will their lives ever be the same she wonders?
The veil thickens and the night air has a bite in it,
her arms fold around her as if to comfort herself,
to keep the cold from entering into her heart.
where she had lost him without ever knowing him.
There had been too much against them,
the night had taken her lover
and life had stolen their happiness.
She knows that two broken pieces do not make a whole vessel
and that she will forever hold him dear in her heart
but now she has to let him slip in to the veil of the night.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Veil Of The Night by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Talk less and try to realise, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- No hide I bother when play begins, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The shorter the stronger...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I'd like to meet your dragon, Dean Meredith
- Mera Rahnuma, Bano Ali
- Something about You, Dean Meredith
- Bubonic Terrorism, Gianni Pansensoy
- Shades of Ultraviolet Rays, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Heartbeat, Edgard Canales P
- TO MY BEST FRIEND, Hriata Sailo