The Veil Of The Night
The night has veiled him from her sight,
her eyes desperately want to pierce thru but in vain
and he remains but a shadow
that has become the empty space in her soul.
Will he ever return to her,
will their lives ever be the same she wonders?
The veil thickens and the night air has a bite in it,
her arms fold around her as if to comfort herself,
to keep the cold from entering into her heart.
where she had lost him without ever knowing him.
There had been too much against them,
the night had taken her lover
and life had stolen their happiness.
She knows that two broken pieces do not make a whole vessel
and that she will forever hold him dear in her heart
but now she has to let him slip in to the veil of the night.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Veil Of The Night by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
- having words with the thermostat, Mandolyn ...
- Poetry, Poetry, The Heart of The Matter, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Arsenal Shirt, Mark Hamilton
- Save Ther Poor Daughter of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Orchestra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- E-rated poemier- go slow, Elvis Airohi
- Songs of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- E-rated poemier- if it had ended, Elvis Airohi
- Upon His Face, david kush
- Abel, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)