The Veil Of The Night
The night has veiled him from her sight,
her eyes desperately want to pierce thru but in vain
and he remains but a shadow
that has become the empty space in her soul.
Will he ever return to her,
will their lives ever be the same she wonders?
The veil thickens and the night air has a bite in it,
her arms fold around her as if to comfort herself,
to keep the cold from entering into her heart.
where she had lost him without ever knowing him.
There had been too much against them,
the night had taken her lover
and life had stolen their happiness.
She knows that two broken pieces do not make a whole vessel
and that she will forever hold him dear in her heart
but now she has to let him slip in to the veil of the night.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Veil Of The Night by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne