The Unsung Hero s
It does not matter! ! !
For every soldier living or dead
Is a hero in my head.
It doesn’t matter whether they was on the front lines
Fighting the war- or in the back lines working at S-4 (supplies)
They all contributed in some way
To keep our freedom safe from day to day.
The army, air force, navy, marines
In our battles they are seen.
Men, women, both alike fighting to keep us safe at night.
They joined the military so that our country could be free
And to protect you and me.
The medics who struggle to keep us alive
Not knowing if we’ll live or die.
From the cooks who supply us with the food we eat
Which may have been your neighbor from down the street?
Everyone had a job to do, and every one followed through.
You don’t have to be with a rifle in your hand
It doesn’t make you LESS of a woman or a man.
We are covering each other’s backs
Now tell me! ! What can be better than that!
So I honor all of them – for they are my brothers and sisters till the end.
“FREEDOM ISN’T FREE “
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unsung Hero s by louis rams )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating Cultures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What A Blessing, Shalom Freedman
- Within India's Veins, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mountains- My fantasy world, tulip mayer
- What Lies Still, Joshua Hillard
- Do you Know Me? ? ? ? ?, William Lindenmuth