The Unsung Hero s
It does not matter! ! !
For every soldier living or dead
Is a hero in my head.
It doesn’t matter whether they was on the front lines
Fighting the war- or in the back lines working at S-4 (supplies)
They all contributed in some way
To keep our freedom safe from day to day.
The army, air force, navy, marines
In our battles they are seen.
Men, women, both alike fighting to keep us safe at night.
They joined the military so that our country could be free
And to protect you and me.
The medics who struggle to keep us alive
Not knowing if we’ll live or die.
From the cooks who supply us with the food we eat
Which may have been your neighbor from down the street?
Everyone had a job to do, and every one followed through.
You don’t have to be with a rifle in your hand
It doesn’t make you LESS of a woman or a man.
We are covering each other’s backs
Now tell me! ! What can be better than that!
So I honor all of them – for they are my brothers and sisters till the end.
“FREEDOM ISN’T FREE “
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unsung Hero s by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella