An unfortunate cute child
roams around who’s mild
in search of her mother
in hot and cold weather.
She looks so grievous
but not so courageous
her state is so dolorous
but she’s not so gracious.
She’s been searching
some love and affection
nobody to give her that
kind of love and attention.
Time and tide waits for none
lots of hard work was done
scorching heat increases
and her wish slowly decreases.
Cuty found a lady near a bin
the place where she was born
her heart beats as hard as horn
overall she feels gay to return.
Opened her eyes wider
moved to her so closer
who’s arms are the best
place to cry, sleep and rest!
Mother intended to intimate
the story of her hard life
which is tough to elaborate
as her child is an illegitimate!
Setaluri Padmavathi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unknown by Setaluri Padmavathi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A Birdlime., Tony Adah
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin