An unfortunate cute child
roams around who’s mild
in search of her mother
in hot and cold weather.
She looks so grievous
but not so courageous
her state is so dolorous
but she’s not so gracious.
She’s been searching
some love and affection
nobody to give her that
kind of love and attention.
Time and tide waits for none
lots of hard work was done
scorching heat increases
and her wish slowly decreases.
Cuty found a lady near a bin
the place where she was born
her heart beats as hard as horn
overall she feels gay to return.
Opened her eyes wider
moved to her so closer
who’s arms are the best
place to cry, sleep and rest!
Mother intended to intimate
the story of her hard life
which is tough to elaborate
as her child is an illegitimate!
Setaluri Padmavathi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Unknown by Setaluri Padmavathi )
- Racism, Kenneth Maswabi
- Idling mind., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Using Both Sides Of A Brain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hakuna matata, Luv Artem
- Silent Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Continuing Inspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, Three letters - 1- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- last trail, Vian Sabri
- You shot..., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, A black raven...- translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)