The Ultimate Cat
The leopard knows when life feels good,
Like when out for a stroll,
As he surveys his neighbourhood,
Well pleased upon the whole...
With food and water here and there,
Perhaps a female friend,
A gentle breeze that floats on air,
Till evening brings day's end...
Well organised, things sorted out,
No frantic panics known,
Just fancy free, on walkabout,
As if the world to own...
No house to buy, no rent to pay,
No tax man on his case,
No boss man that he must obey,
No monthly bills to face...
His belly soothed and quite content,
No hunger pains as yet
And so he strode, his time well spent,
As if without regret...
No pension plan had he in mind,
No thoughts as far as that,
Of all the felines you could find,
He's the ultimate cat!
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The poem is based on the magnificent painting by
Stephen Gayford, nb Google search gayfordgallery.
Find more wildlife poems using Google search
for the search phrase Stephen Gayford poetry.
Comments about this poem (The Ultimate Cat by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee