The Truth About Forever
How long is forever really?
You told me you'd love me forever and ever.
I actually believed you.
Forever is really short if its how long we made it.
Which was not long at all.
I gave you my heart,
And you took it for granted.
I can't believe I was that blind
That I did not see that we would never make it.
Forever sounds like a long time,
But you have proven it is really really short.
Forever sounded like a wonderful long time with you.
But now I see your real colors,
I am glad that forever is not long at all with you.
Makayla Straight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth About Forever by Makayla Straight )
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)