The Truth About Forever
How long is forever really?
You told me you'd love me forever and ever.
I actually believed you.
Forever is really short if its how long we made it.
Which was not long at all.
I gave you my heart,
And you took it for granted.
I can't believe I was that blind
That I did not see that we would never make it.
Forever sounds like a long time,
But you have proven it is really really short.
Forever sounded like a wonderful long time with you.
But now I see your real colors,
I am glad that forever is not long at all with you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Truth About Forever by Makayla Straight )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(3rd April 19sixty)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Anonymous