The Timing Was Off
Haven't ever had a breakup that just left me wondering...
What the hell just happened?
Yeah, you had an interest in me
And, I had an interest in you
The whole thing seemed destined,
A foreseeable future filled with bliss
That all ended the day you bailed out on me
What went wrong?
sadly to say, the truth is.... The result I come up with, nothing!
Guess... you couldn't commit to me,
The way that I wanted you to
But, you're life wasn't in order
Didn't finish college, yeah, working on completion,
wasn't really satisfied with the job to own that new car,
and you had friends.... who, started dropping like flies
Guess, I caught you before a time
where you hit that magical stage of your life
You didn't break up with me, because... I was wrong for you.
You ended it because... you,
didn't want to commit to anyone at that time
How lucky I could have been,
If I had met you at a later time
but, time goes by... I will move on
and eventually... move past the hurt.
And find that one that I was meant to be with
I realize that with you... The timing was off.
Marcquiese Burrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Timing Was Off by Marcquiese Burrell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan