The Timing Was Off
Haven't ever had a breakup that just left me wondering...
What the hell just happened?
Yeah, you had an interest in me
And, I had an interest in you
The whole thing seemed destined,
A foreseeable future filled with bliss
That all ended the day you bailed out on me
What went wrong?
sadly to say, the truth is.... The result I come up with, nothing!
Guess... you couldn't commit to me,
The way that I wanted you to
But, you're life wasn't in order
Didn't finish college, yeah, working on completion,
wasn't really satisfied with the job to own that new car,
and you had friends.... who, started dropping like flies
Guess, I caught you before a time
where you hit that magical stage of your life
You didn't break up with me, because... I was wrong for you.
You ended it because... you,
didn't want to commit to anyone at that time
How lucky I could have been,
If I had met you at a later time
but, time goes by... I will move on
and eventually... move past the hurt.
And find that one that I was meant to be with
I realize that with you... The timing was off.
Marcquiese Burrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Timing Was Off by Marcquiese Burrell )
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam
- Venus, Naveed Khalid
- BEHIND THAT WALL, ROCHISH MON