The Times Keep On Changing
As dead as the dodo some say about rhyme
But then suppose everything does have it's time
The great rhyme poets and poetesses in their long rest now lay
They did have their innings one of them can say.
In art, music and literature the changes do happen fast
And only Nature forever is the one who does last
People come and go and the past it has gone
And only Nature herself seems to keep keeping on.
In the last days of Winter coming up to the Spring
Out there in the woodland the birds nest and sing
To insure the survival of their species they must breed that is Nature's way
In Nature there is birth and there is death every day.
It does seem that most things have their use by date
And for anyone or anything time does not wait
And though some to the past with great fondness do cling
Each new generation with them new ideas bring.
The times keep on changing and changing quite fast
And nothing save Nature ever does seem to last
But the big river forever to the great ocean does flow
And the Seasons they come and the Seasons they go.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Times Keep On Changing by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)