THE SUNLIT PAST
THE SUNLIT PAST
All seasons are deathless on your face
You perch in my nest in spurious ways,
Wakes up me to hold the flowing time
Each day is a spring though I grow old.
You had hidden some gold as reward
Slavish as a pauper toiling for little love,
Consumed in the cruelties of weary tasks
You are a moon gleaming in the dark.
You are the strains of solitude in lyre
Waves of rhythm beating in my heart,
A star in empty sky in the eve of life
I am the night you are sweet dreams.
I have travelled in vain to valley of hearts
Softly like the breeze on flowery eyes,
The pasture dried up where I grazed
Thorns bleed my tongue on leafless grass.
I know where you stay is not your home
You soar like tides in your sea of desires,
Torn into pieces in relation in duty of love
If you write a poem I will be your words.
My words disappear like stars from sky
Flowers are without fragrance in garden,
Tears don’t flow like river murmuring you
When I don’t gleam in memory of yours.
Now the mirror laughs at my face
Unnoticed I am like ghost in the street,
Still a pursuit pure rhyming the rain of eyes
Blend a rainbow of you of sunlight past.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE SUNLIT PAST by Rajendra padhi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach
- Chiaroscuro, Nicole C Esbach
- Sonnet # 536, Luis Estable
- SELF-INTROSPECTION ON MY HAPPY BIRTH DAY, Purusottam Chuli
- I Wish For Peace, Serena Blackinton
- Sonnet # 535, Luis Estable
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA