THE SUNLIT PAST
THE SUNLIT PAST
All seasons are deathless on your face
You perch in my nest in spurious ways,
Wakes up me to hold the flowing time
Each day is a spring though I grow old.
You had hidden some gold as reward
Slavish as a pauper toiling for little love,
Consumed in the cruelties of weary tasks
You are a moon gleaming in the dark.
You are the strains of solitude in lyre
Waves of rhythm beating in my heart,
A star in empty sky in the eve of life
I am the night you are sweet dreams.
I have travelled in vain to valley of hearts
Softly like the breeze on flowery eyes,
The pasture dried up where I grazed
Thorns bleed my tongue on leafless grass.
I know where you stay is not your home
You soar like tides in your sea of desires,
Torn into pieces in relation in duty of love
If you write a poem I will be your words.
My words disappear like stars from sky
Flowers are without fragrance in garden,
Tears don’t flow like river murmuring you
When I don’t gleam in memory of yours.
Now the mirror laughs at my face
Unnoticed I am like ghost in the street,
Still a pursuit pure rhyming the rain of eyes
Blend a rainbow of you of sunlight past.
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE SUNLIT PAST by Rajendra padhi )
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)