The Sun Of Today
Did yesterday go with no trace?
Or, does it arrange its matters
To cope with today?
Everyday reveals things with new dress,
Others, to yesterday are attached;
By pins, from the old picture are hanging
Wearing new garments,
Faking new smiles;
But their yellow teeth unmask them
Trying to allude from change pinch;
They become uglier with their rush,
Crumpled faces and defeated eyes.
Like leaves in autumn, fall
One by one, or all
There is no way to escape;
New sun of today will come,
To fill the misty sight with its fresh ray.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Sun Of Today by inas essa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese